Saturday 24 August 2013

Better Late than never :)

So as you can all see I haven't posted for a while. Things have been a bit crazy!
But here I am and I hope to catch up on a few things.

As you know I am on the design team for the challenge blog ARTastic and I have a couple of months worth of layouts to show you. The last one I posted was from April so here is May:

The May challenge 
was based on Michael Duncan's art Tea Time 2012

 

The criteria to use stenciling and for my layout I used some letters and a Stencil from Crafters Workshop. The photo is my lovely girls school photo from last year.


 

 It is a fairly simple layout, using Bazzil, Tim Holtz Distress Paints, Flowers by Kaiser & Prima, ribbon, bling & Aplha by Prima and the paper is of unknown brand (SORRY!)

Next we had the June Challenge
This month we were inspired by environmental artist 
Susan Schenk and her piece Robin's Nest. 



 The criteria was to use recycled items on our layouts, and this was a challenge! I decided to do a layout using a brochure from a hotel we stayed in when we went to Amsterdam. I added items from our stay as embellishments and used inks and stamps to decorate. The background paper is the backing from some Prima Alphas.



 It was a great trip down memory lane! I even used some coin from Europe to add some texture.

July Challenge
I really enjoyed this challenge, it was based on a charcoal and pastel painting by artist Lorraine Lewitska entitled Rock n Roll Party.

 
The criteria to use black, white and one colour. I found a photo of my Grandad who has passed away and was inspired by the sepia tones of the photos. So my colour was brown/beige. The paper in the background provides a nostalgic feel to the layout and I have added some elements to reflect this. Some Black Glimmermist, Gesso, transparencies, Washi Tape and it was done!


 And I am very happy to say I got voted DT layout of the month!
Yippee!

Stay tuned for my August Challenge Layout!
I have also entered a couple of challenges for Prima but I didn't get anywhere with those. That's OK because it was a challenge and I did enjoy using pretty much all Prima for a layout! These were entered in the BAP Sketch contest they have monthly.


 The above layout didn't have as much Prima as they probably wanted but for my first go I really liked the final product. It was only really the flowers that were from Prima.


 This layout I really liked and was proud of the finished effect. Lots of cutting, flowers & bling.

So that has been me for the last couple of months. I am putting together my next layout for the August Prima BAP and will load that up very shortly.
Thanks for reading!





No comments:

Post a Comment