Sunday 16 March 2014

March 2014

Hi all, sorry there was no post in February. Bit of a busy time in our household!

March has been a month of highs and lows for me. My good friend lost her battle with cancer and I attended her funeral on the same day as my 15th Wedding anniversary. Needless to say we celebrated on another day.

So, what have I been doing as far as scrapbooking? Just the minimum, I am sorry to say. Although I am hoping this will change very shortly!! I am looking forward to Autumn Escape in April, hopefully loads of inspiration to get my creative juices flowing.

This month at ARTastic the challenge is based on a piece of art by

Lyn Butchart called Bluebirds

 

MARCH inspiration Lyn Butchart with Bluebirds 

The  criteria is to use texture. This challenge runs till the end of March and is a heap of fun. You can add texture with anything!!!

For my entry I decided to try something new by creating texture on my background. When it comes to texture usually let my papers and flowers do the talking. I used tissue paper, ribbon, lace, twine, metal embellies, hessian and felt to create the base. I then covered this in Gesso to meld it together then got creating with glimmermists, stamps and distress paints. I used the tarnished brass distress paint to colour the flowers and other bits in the cluster, linking it all together. This goes out to my good friend Kirsty xxooxx


She could always make me laugh!

No comments:

Post a Comment